Just a few reasons why you should join the TCMABC:
- You help shape the future of Traditional Chinese Medicine in British Columbia
- You can take part in Training & Continuing Education programs organized by the TCMABC to increase knowledge and ensure clinical success
- You can post your clinic information on our the ‘Practitioner Find‘ section of our website to receive ongoing business referrals and increase your Internet exposure
- A link to your website will be included in your ‘Practitioner Find’ information and an active email link can be added to make client contact simple
- You will receive free email updates, news, announcements, surveys and important notices plus Channels newsletters
- You become a part of our active advocacy efforts monitoring federal and provincial legislation
- You can vote at our AGMs regarding association issues and elect our Board of Directors
- You’ll receive a certificate of membership to display in your office showing your support of our TCM profession
- You will gain valuable contacts within the health care system
- You will become part of a passionate team that actively promotes health and wellness through BC’s Traditional Chinese Medicine community
- Your voice will make a difference in Canada’s evolving health care system!
The TCMABC was founded in 1992 to serve the practitioners of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) in British Columbia, Canada. It was one of the first associations to petition the BC government to regulate (professionalize) the practice of TCM. Now Registered Acupuncturists (R.Ac), Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners ( R.TCM.P), Herbalists (R.TCM.H) and doctors of TCM (Dr.TCM) are all regulated under the BC Health Professions Act. TCMABC’s efforts resulted in BC becoming the first jurisdiction in North America to license doctors of TCM (Dr. TCM).