Your opinion counts – please VOTE!
The CTCMA is holding elections for their new board of Directors. All registrants in BC should have received their ballots in the mail by now – if you haven’t, make sure you call the CTCMA at 604-738-7100 and make sure you get one.
This year, we are pleased to see two of our valued associates running for positions on the board: Paul HO of the TCMABC and Joe RANALLO of the QATCMA. Here are their biographies:
Paul Sit Cheong HO, R.Ac
Paul Ho is new to the board at the TCMABC, but has already proven to be indispensable to us. Being fluent in a number of languages, plus being level-headed and clever with business matters makes Paul’s contributions to our work invaluable.
Paul Ho’s candidate statement:
I graduated from Langara College and completed the TCM Practitioner program. I practice in Vancouver. Currently, I am working on my Masters Degree in Pharmacology at Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine, Guangzhou, China.
Also, I graduated from CHU with a Bachelor Degree of Business Administration awarded by the Ministry of Education, Republic of China.
- Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Experience in management, administration and organization.
- Besides practicing, I also serve as the Treasurer of TCM Association of BC. and VP of CATCMHA.
- Freeze the current registrant annual fee and balance of budgeting.
- To increase the transparency of CTCMA.
- To promote our TCM profession and to protect our rights and values.
Thank you very much for your support in every direction.
Paul Ho, BBA, CCC, R.Ac.
Joseph RANALLO, R.Ac
Here is a letter of introduction from our friends at the QATCMA:
We strongly recommend Joseph Ranallo as candidate for CTCMA board member in 2013 on behalf of QATCMA with the following reasons:
- Education Background – MA, R.Ac.(2001)
- Long-term Acupuncture Practitioner since 1995, almost 18 years
- Act as Board Member of QATCMA
- Host acupuncture seminars
- Publish professional thesis
Based on a strong academic education background and 18 year working as R.Ac experience, Mr. Joseph Ranallo managed a part-time professional TCM acupuncture practice. Besides, he presented acupuncture seminars for other practitioners sharing with them his own practicing experience. He also wrote articles, summarizing his medical cases and exploring new method from others. He acted as Board Member for QATCMA and was active in all kinds of events to serve the members and also offered excellent suggestions to administration of Association.
His diligent, hard-working, modest, devotion attitude together with his professional background and a worldwide view of TCM and human being deserved him to be the best candidate to a board member of CTCMA.
Joe Ranallo’s candidate statement:
If elected to the CTCMA Board, I will strive to do the following to the best of my ability:
- I will do what the CTCMA bylaws require me to do.
- I will attempt to encourage the CTCMA and the various BC TCM Associations to engage in negotiations to seek new and necessary ways to enhance the level and quality of service we can jointly provide to the registrants.
- I will do my best to promote all aspects of TCM as a rightful Owner’s Manual for all of humanity.
- I will work to encourage the CTCMA to continue to promote the formation of a strong, single voice to represent the wishes and aspiration of the registrants.
- I will encourage the CTCMA to continue to find ways and means to honor and respect the role of the Chinese language in its operations without compromising its legal, business, insurance, patient rights, and safety obligations.
- I will encourage the CTCMA to involve the Associations in the establishment amendment, and application of its policies.
- I will make a concerted effort to encourage the CTCMA to engage the Associations in relevant research projects that ultimately benefit the public.
- I will strive to make all CTCMA and registrants transactions as “user friendly and as transparent” as possible without compromising the college’s legal regulatory responsibilities and privacy issues.
- I will encourage the CTCMA and Associations to continually review the TCM educational system to ensure that future members of the Professional receive the best preparation possible.
- I will encourage the CTCMA to adopt an early warning action system against threats and challenges to the TCM profession.
- As an MLA of the qualified BC TCM practitioners, I will do my best to represent the interests of all registrants.
- I will strive to give the BC TCM profession the positive public and political profile, it requires and deserves.
Joseph Ranallo, R.Ac., BA (Hons), MA